Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year - Back from My Pilgrimage as are many in Gaza


So I have been away for some time, trying to think things out and also trying to figure out what to do with this blog...... I still haven't come to any clear decision if I should continue or not. I am not to sure my writing interests anybody, I would be grateful for any comments.
This weeks high light was definitely the stand off between Egypt, Israel & Hamas. Now following the happenings of the relations between Israel and Egypt and the thorn in both of their sides Hamas, it was obvious, at least for me, that Egypt would eventually allow Hamas to open the Rafah border. There was no way Hamas was going to let the Pilgrims come back to the Gaza Strip via the tri-state border Kerem Shalom (Karem Abu Salem), and let its people go through any type of "security checks" by the Israelis. So when the "Crisis of Mecca" started it was a matter of how long Egypt was going to make a fool of itself. I also don't understand those Israeli advisers, I am certain they didn't believe that Egypt would actually accept their conditions under pressure from the Palestinians in Gaza and the entire Muslim world.
So people are happy to be back, and in the mean time the Islamic Jihad has been high on the Israeli military ans air force priority list. Did some one say "look out Hania here we come"?
Anyway, just some of my thought for the situation.....


No comments: